Highways England Health & Safety Common Induction
Duration: 1 Day
Group Size: Maximum 15 Learners
Who should attend: The Highways England Common Induction Course is designed for everyone who works on Highways England’s Road Network (SRN). NB – This course is a mandatory requirement for all those visiting or working on the Highways England Strategic Road Network.
Course aims: This one-day course will enable learners to have a basic understanding of health and safety, knowledge of the principle hazards and risks, legislation and best practice leading to a safer working environment. Lack of training and awareness of danger can contribute towards poor safety records for employers and can have serious repercussions on organisations, employees and the wider community. Highways England are committed to ensuring that all contractors and employees working on or adjacent to the SRN are aware of the potential hazards and have the knowledge to enable them to identify and reduce risk to themselves, their colleagues, the wider community and to the environment, as a result of any acts or omissions.
On completion of the session learners will:
• Understand what is Customer Service to the Highways England and the Supply Chain
• Understand the main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act
• Gain an overview of Highways England’s Minimum expectations for working on their strategic road network (SRN)
• Gain a basic understanding of temporary traffic management
• Be able to review fatal risks that occur when working on the SRN
• Be able to identify the essential health and wellbeing points to consider in the work place
• Be able to identify and describe main environmental issues fount on sites
• State the impact upon themselves, their lives and their families and friends of a serious accident at work
• Be able to identify poor behaviour on a works site
• Be able to describe why H&S knowledge and good working practice can improve behaviour on a works site
Certification: On completion all learners will undertake an end of course test which carries a 75% pass mark. Lantra Awards will distribute certificates for successful learners.Passport cards are to be held on person when entering any site on the Highways England Road Network (SRN).