Duration: Half day
Group Size: Maximum of 12 learners
Who should attend: All persons who are required to use abrasive wheel (disc cutter/grinder) equipment as part of the employment.
Course aims: The course aims to ensure learners are aware how to use and maintain portable abrasive wheel equipment safely (Disc Cutter/Grinder).
Upon completion of the course the learners will know: -
• How to act in accordance with safe working procedures.
• How to use the abrasive wheel equipment correctly.
• Awareness of their responsibilities, dangers, and hazards when working with abrasive wheel equipment.
• Outline PUWER, testing, maintenance, and suitability of equipment
• PPE, respiratory protective requirements
• Implications of vibration, noise etc
• Outline electrical safety issues
• Explain wheel markings, wheel types etc
• Safe mounting of wheels
• Safe use of disc cutter/grinder
• Practical demonstration and use
Certification: Upon successful completion of the end of course assessment the learners will receive a certificate of attendance supplied by the training provider.
NB: Learners must supply their own Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this course.Download course information Contact us for more information Click to book this course