Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
Duration: 5 days
Group Size: Maximum of 15 learners
Who should attend: This five day course is designed for construction site managers, agents, quantity surveyors, and project directors and persons who are, or about to be responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce.
Course aims: The course aims to demonstrate how to meet the ever-increasing demand for evidence of sound health & safety management on site and is listed in the Approved Code of Practice for CDM Regulations as a demonstration of competence in the role of site manager.
Upon completion of the course the learners will know: -
• The challenges of the construction industry.
• How Health & Safety law is structure and how it applies to supervisors.
• How the supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safety.
• How to carry out risk assessments and the need for method statements.
• How to carry out effective toolbox talks and method statement briefings.
• How to monitor site activities effectively.
• The importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified.
Certification: Upon successful completion of the course the learners will be awarded with a Site Safety PLUS certificate awarded by CITB.
NB: The certificate is valid for 5 years, after which the learners must sit a 2 day SMSTS Refresher course to renew the certificate and keep their qualification up to date.Download course information Contact us for more information Click to book this course