Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
Duration: Two days
Group Size: Maximum of 12 learners
Who should attend: This 2 day course is designed first line managers, foremen, gangers, team leaders and supervisors; those who have, or are about to acquire, supervisory responsibilities and need to understand their legal duties to better contribute to the instruction, supervision and monitoring tasks and activities to ensure safety on site.
Course aims: The course aims to demonstrate how to meet the ever-increasing demand for evidence of sound health & safety supervision on site.
Upon completion of the course the learners will know: -
• The challenges of the construction industry
• How Health & Safety law is structure and how it applies to supervisors
• How the supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling the site safety
• How to carry out risk assessments and the need for method statements
• How to carry out effective toolbox talks and method statement briefings
• How to monitor site activities effectively
• The importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
Certification: Upon successful completion of the course the learners will be awarded with a Site Safety PLUS certificate awarded by CITB.
NB: This course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites.Download course information Contact us for more information Click to book this course