Working at Height Course
Duration: Half day
Group Size: Maximum of 12 learners
Who should attend: Anyone who is required to work at height.
Course aims: The course aims to give learners a good overall knowledge of the Working at Heights Regulations, 2005. And to enable them to organise and plan working at height, avoid risks and select appropriate work equipment for a particular task.
Upon completion of the course the learners will know: -
• Key points to Working at Heights Regulations, 2005
• Importance of organising and planning works at height
• Importance of inspecting equipment
• How to select appropriate equipment
• Overview of the Working at Height Regulations
• Accident statistics
• Definition of Work at Height
• Risk assessment and hierarchy of measures
• Organisation & planning
• Selection of appropriate equipment
• Use of ladders and stepladders
• Inspection of equipment
• Emergency procedures
Certification: Learners will receive a course handout summarising the topics covered. Candidates will receive a certificate of attendance.