Appeals & Complaints Policy
If a candidate wishes to appeal against a trainer/assessment decision, the following steps should be observed:
- The candidate should first discuss the reason for appeal with their trainer/assessor. This should ideally be done as soon as possible after the assessment decision.
- The trainer/assessor must consider the reasons for the appeal and must give the candidate an immediate response. The trainer/assessor’s decision will be confirmed in writing to the candidate.
- If the candidate is not satisfied with the trainer/assessor’s final decision, a formal written appeal should be sent to the Internal Quality Assurer (IQA), utilising form number 067 UTS Candidate Appeals Form, which is available from the trainer/assessor.
- The IQA will reconsider the trainer/assessor decision taking into account the candidate’s reason for appeal, the candidate’s evidence and associated records, the assessor’s reason for the assessment and the opinion of another assessor from the training centre.
- The IQA must give the candidate the reconsidered decision, in writing, within five working days of receiving the appeal.
- If the candidate is not satisfied with the findings of the IQA then the candidate has the right to go to the awarding body External Quality Assurer (EQA) or the regulatory bodies (i.e.Ofqual, SQA accreditation) but must inform the IQA that they wish to do so.
- The IQA will provide the EQA with all the relevant information and evidence with regards to the assessment and previous appeal proceedings.
- The decision of the EQA is final.
- If an appeal is upheld then Up to Speed Training & Assessment Ltd will ensure a review of their own systems and procedures is undertaken and the necessary remedial action implemented to prevent re-occurrences.