The Company recognises that discrimination in the workplace, in any form, is unacceptable and, in most cases, also unlawful. We have therefore adopted an Equality & Diversity/Equal Opportunities Policy, to ensure that all job applicants, employees and clients/candidates are treated fairly and without favour or prejudice. We are committed to applying this policy throughout all areas of employment; recruitment and selection, training, development, promotion and service provision. In all situations, people will be judged solely on merit or ability. The following sets down the key points of the policy, and any breach of the policy will lead to disciplinary action, which may include dismissal.
· Each and every employee has a duty to observe and apply the policy at all times.
· Each and every employee has an obligation to make a positive contribution towards engendering an environment, of equality, diversity and equal opportunity, throughout the business.
· The policy will be implemented in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and replaces the previous legislation; the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, the Sex Discrimination Acts 1975 and 1986, the Race Relations Act 1976 (amendment) Regulations 2003, and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and 2005
· Clients/candidates with special needs will be accommodated appropriately to ensure they receive equal opportunity and access to a fair and comprehensive training/assessment and where required granted confidentiality in relation to their needs.
· Our induction process will be as simple and straight forward as possible and we will not ask for unnecessary information.
· Only relevant information will be sought to ensure anyone requiring any reasonable adjustment to assist in full participation will be identified and accommodated and will not be disadvantaged, any reasonable adjustments will be notified to the appropriate awarding organisation.
· To ensure that we reach the widest cross section of the community, all vacancies will be advertised through the job centre, or independent media, as well as being advertised internally.
· We will ensure at all times that any training materials and images used or displayed throughout the business are representative of society.
· We will ensure that no job applicant, employee or client/candidate receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of: age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership & pregnancy and maternity.
· We will not tolerate any breaches of this policy by clients/candidates and will withdraw all services from any parties found to be in breach of the policy.
· The Appeals Procedure is available to any client/candidate who believes that they have been discriminated against, and the Company would urge those individuals to pursue their rights, through this channel.